Home

Best Choice Reveals Ice Cream Makeover

Posted Jan 18th, 2018

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Best Choice Reveals Ice Cream Makeover

Updated packaging, quality and flavors

KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Feb. 01, 2018: Best Choice® announces the launch of its redesigned ice cream line. The updates include recipe quality improvement, modern and unique packaging, and nine new flavors including: cookies and cream, mint chocolate chip, chocolate chunk, fudge brownie, moose tracks, peanut butter cup, sea salt caramel and chocolate moose tracks.

The Best Choice® ice cream novelty line also is receiving an updated look and quality improvement. Both lines are available to customers in select grocery stores now.

About Best Choice:

Best Choice® is the private-label brand of Associated Wholesale Grocers (AWG) and is available in AWG member retailers’ stores. Best Choice® brand products are developed to be equal to or better quality than national brand equivalents. Visit www.BestChoiceBrand.com for more information.

• Almond Fudge

###

For More Information:

Bill Hamilton

AWG Brands Executive Director

913-288-1188

bill.hamilton@awginc.com

21 Responses to “Best Choice Reveals Ice Cream Makeover”

1. Ben Hagar

Hope it includes “Crunch Bars”. Just purchased a box and looked forward to the crunch of the nuts as I ate one. Little pieces too far apart to crunchy, I guess what you mean is the chocolate coating might be crunchy

2. Pam

Been looking for orange cream bars & cant find anymore. Are you still making these? Where can I find ?

• Best Choice

We do still make them! We updated the packaging, so they might look different than before. Ask the manager at your local grocer to point them out for you.

3. Hiarm E Stone

Have you quite making the no sugar added vanilla ice cream L can’t find it at any stores around here anymore.I ask the manager and he said he couldn’t get . I hope you hanen’t quite making it I’m a diabetic and this ice cream doesn’t raise my sugar much .So I hope you haven’t quite making it. Thank You

• Best Choice

We did recently discontinue the item, but there are some discussions of bringing it or a similar item back. I sent your feedback to the category manager of ice cream, so he knows your concern. Thanks for sending us your feedback!

4. Shelby

Had the Belgian Chocolate a few weeks ago and it was outstanding. Where would I find this brand in Tennessee?

5. Mark Elijah

I bought your orange cream bars for the first time. Worst case of deceptive packaging I have ever seen.
    Picture on box looks nothing like what is inside. I would think this is illegal.

• Best Choice

Oh no, Mark! Sorry to hear about this. We’re proud of our 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee and want all of our customers to be happy with their purchases. I’m passing your message and email address along to our Quality Assurance Team to follow up with you directly and find out what happened. We appreciate your time and feedback. -Cara

• Jill

I bought a box of orange cream bars tonight and bout best choice brand because the picture showed what I was looking for with was orage sherbet shell with a vanilla ice cream center….when I got them him it was all together and I was not happy…picture is very misleading.

• Best Choice

Hi Jill, Thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry for your disappointment. I’m going to pass your feedback along to our ice cream category manager, so he knows about the issue. Also, please know that we have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, so you can take the product back to the store for a refund: https://bestchoicebrand.com/guarantee/. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us as we want all of our customers to be completely happy with their purchases. -Cara

• Best Choice

Hi Mike, our new 48 oz containers are supplied by Hiland Dairy Foods.

6. Betty Hart

I’ll never understand why companies redesign, discontinue, change a product or the flavors, so customers can’t find what they want on the shelves anymore!! I’m so fed up that Best Choice stopped selling my favorite flavor of ice cream, which was “Tin Roof”.! Not only did you change or do away with flavors, and change the packaging, you went up on the price, about $1.00 per carton!!! Can’t you just leave your products alone & stop aggravating your consumers… I’ve looked everywhere for Tin Roof and can’t find it anywhere!!! So I’m done, and won’t be buying Best Choice in the future!!

• Best Choice

We’re so sorry to hear this, Betty. We do change products often for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it is because of the supplier: they may discontinue products or raise prices on us. Sometimes it is because of shelf movement: if perishable products don’t sell in time we have to toss those products, so we do our best to cut down on food waste. Sometimes tariffs or freight costs cause us to discontinue products also. Sometimes, it’s simply to make room for other products that customers are requesting. We do our best to provide the best quality products at the best price. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and hope you give us another try.

7. Sandy

The Candy Bar Crunch ice cream is so delicious! I can’t wait to try more of your ice cream flavors.

8. Dana

I have a peanut / tree nut allergy. Are your ice cream flavors proceed on a line with nuts, peanut butter, etc. I need to know before I can purchase the chocolate flavor.

• Best Choice

Hi Dana,

I’m sorry to hear that but I’m glad you asked. Our packaging has the following information regarding a nut allergy:

Manufactured in a facility that processes almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, coconut, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, walnuts.