Recipe of the Month: Grammie Irene’s Surprise Meatballs
Posted Oct 1st, 2019
1 pound ground beef
1 T minced onion
4 oz. shredded Best Choice sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup Best Choice plain bread crumbs
1 Best Choice egg
1/4 cup diced green peppers
1/2 cup Best Choice milk
3 T Best Choice lemon juice
1 t Best Choice salt
Best Choice Green olives for stuffing and garnish.
- Mix ingredients well
- Shape into approx. 4 oz. balls around an olive in the center.
- Slice olives in half and garnish top of each meatball.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- The recipe can be easily doubled, can also freeze meatballs and bake when ready to serve. (after thawing out completely)
- Serve on top spaghetti noodles and sauce.