Ingredients Cookie dough: 1 1/2 cups Best Choice all-purpose flour 1/2 cup Best Choice cocoa powder 1/4 teaspoon Best Choice baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup Best Choice sugar (plus a little extra for dipping) 1/4 cup Best Choice brown sugar, packed 1/2 cup Best Choice butter 1/2 cup Best Choice creamy peanut butter… Read more »
- 1 1/2 cups Best Choice all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Best Choice cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Best Choice baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Best Choice sugar (plus a little extra for dipping)
- 1/4 cup Best Choice brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Best Choice butter
- 1/2 cup Best Choice creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Best Choice vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Peanut butter filling:
- 3/4 cup Best Choice creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup Best Choice powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets. You could also line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, beat together sugars, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, beating to combine, and then stir in dry ingredients, blending well.
- For the peanut butter filling, stir together peanut butter and powdered sugar, in a small bowl until smooth. With floured hands, roll the filling into 1/2 inch balls.
- Break off about 1 Tablespoon of the cookie dough, make an indentation in the center with your finger, and press one of the peanut butter balls into the center. Bring the dough up and over the filling, pressing it closed. Roll the cookie in the palms of your hand to smooth it out, forming a ball.
- Dip the top of each cookie in granulated sugar and place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Grease the bottom of a drinking glass and use it to flatten each cookie to about 1/2-inch-thick.