Pressure Cooker Pineapple Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
A quick and easy way to get dinner ready is to utilize your pressure cooker. This recipe was specifically created for a pressure cooker. No pressure cooker, no problem, we’ve included instructions to recreate this meal without a pressure cooker.
- 2 ½ lb. bag Best Choice 100% All-Natural Chicken Breast, frozen
- 1 tsp Best Choice Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Best Choice Salt
- Best Choice Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Best Choice Extra-Virgin Olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 20oz can Best Choice Crushed Pineapple, undrained
- 3 Tbsp Best Choice Yellow Mustard
- ¼ tsp Best Choice Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Best Choice Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Best Choice Brown Sugar
- 6 Best Choice Hamburger Buns, lightly toasted
- 14oz bag Shredded Coleslaw mix
- 1 fresh red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Best Choice Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 fresh green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup Best Choice Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Best Choice Apple Cider Vinegar
- Turn the Pressure Cooker to sauté mode. Add oil, red onion, and garlic to the pot, stirring until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Cancel the sauté setting. Add the frozen chicken to the pot.
- If you do not have a pressure cooker, saute in a large pot.
- In a medium bowl whisk the crushed pineapple with liquid, apple cider vinegar, mustard, the cayenne pepper, and brown sugar; pour over the chicken. Put on the lid, making sure the steam valve is in the sealing position, and set the cooker to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. When finished, carefully turn the steam valve to open and quickly release the pressure. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred the meat with 2 forks.
- If you do not have a pressure cooker, allow the chicken to cook on medium-high until there’s no pink in the chicken.
- Set the Pressure Cooker to sauté mode on high heat. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until reduced by about half, about 8 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and stir to coat. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until almost all the sauce is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- If you do not have a pressure cooker, simmer the sauce in your pot as directed.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw: Toss the coleslaw mix, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Divide the chicken among the toasted buns and top with slaw.