SAVE-A-LABEL PROGRAM: OFFICIAL RULES
BEST CHOICE SAVE-A-LABEL PROGRAM: OFFICIAL RULES
- PROGRAM PERIOD; MODIFICATION: Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc., a Kansas corporation (“Sponsor”), may terminate Best Choice Save-A-Label program (the “Program”) at any time in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Program is no longer capable of running as intended by these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, postpone, delay or modify the Program in whole or in part.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Program is only open to 501(c)(3) organizations. Each such organization must have an individual group representative who is a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of registration. No individual or non-501(c)(3) group, club or organization can participate in the Program.
- REGISTER: To register on-line, go to https://bestchoicebrand.com/save-a-label/(“Website”) during the Program Period and follow the on-screen instructions to register for the Program and set up your free Program account (“Account”) by providing a valid group name, individual group representative name, street address (including city, state and zip code), e-mail address, phone number and W-9. To register by mail, complete an official Program registration form and mail the form any required enclosures to Best Choice Save-A-Label, 5000 Kansas Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66106 in order to set up your free Account. Sponsor will review registration submissions, confirm eligibility (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and notify the registrant as to whether they are approved to participate in the Program.
- COLLECTING UPCs: Purchase eligible Best Choice products at any store supplied by Sponsor and save the UPC (proof of purchase) portion of the packaging. Cut the UPC from labels or cartons. For glass items with a glue label, the labels can be removed by first soaking in warm water. Some products are excluded from the Program, including aluminum soda cans (UPCs from 12-pk soda cardboard cartons are acceptable), aerosol cans, and cigarettes. In addition, for participants in MO, the following products and UPCs are excluded due to Missouri law: (i) Best Choice Gallon Whole Milk (70038-36439); (ii) Best Choice Gallon 2% Milk (70038-36440); (iii) Best Choice ½ Gallon Whole Milk (70038-36442); (iv) Best Choice ½ Gallon 2% Milk (70038-36443); (v) Best Choice Gallon Skim Milk (70038-36447); (vi) Best Choice ½ Gallon Skim Milk (70038-58485); (vii) Best Choice Gallon 1% Milk (70038-36446); and (viii) Best Choice ½ Gallon 1% Milk (70038-58486). Sponsor reserves the right to modify the list of excluded products at any time in its sole discretion.
- REDEEMING UPCs: To redeem a UPC collection, complete an official Program redemption form (available for downloading and printing from the Website) and mail the completed redemption form and a requisite number of eligible UPCs to Best Choice Save-A-Label, 5000 Kansas Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66106. The group will earn $30 for each bundle of 1,000 UPCs submitted, which will be paid via check (an “Award Check“) to the registered group name only. All UPCs must be wrapped in bundles of 1,000. More than one bundle of UPCs may be redeemed at one time, but each set of 1,000 UPCs must be bundled separately. Bundles of less than 1,000 will not be honored. Allow up to 6 weeks from receipt of a redemption form for shipment of an Award Check. All Award Checks will ship to the postal address specified on the redemption form. Awards will only be delivered to addresses within the United States. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any postal mail or overnight deliveries returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address.
- BONUS CERTIFICATE: During each calendar year, Sponsor will issue a bonus certificate (“Bonus Certificate“) to each eligible registered group. A Bonus Certificate is redeemable for an additional $30 when submitted with a valid bundle of 1,000 UPCs pursuant to the redemption procedures described in Rule 5 above. A Bonus Certificates is only valid for the year in which it is issued and a participant’s Bonus Certificate submission to Sponsor must be post-marked within that calendar year in order to be eligible for redemption. A group may only redeem one Bonus Certificate per year.
- LIMITS; VERIFICATION: All UPCs and Bonus Certificates are subject to verification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Each UPC and Bonus Certificate can be used only once. Only the UPCs from eligible Best Choice products as otherwise stated in Rule 4 above, will be valid; no other UPCs from any other products, promotions or any other part of a participating package are valid. If any part of a UPC or Bonus Certificate is counterfeited, or if any part is illegible, mutilated, altered or tampered with in any way, or if it contains or reflects duplication or copying, the UPC or Bonus Certificate, as applicable, will be rejected and will be deemed void and invalid. UPCs and Bonus Certificates that are not verified or recognized as valid by Sponsor or that are deemed to have been previously entered and/or redeemed will be void and of no value and not eligible for entry in the Program. UPCs and Bonus Certificates have no cash value, may not be aggregated from multiple Accounts, and may not be sold, traded, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), transferred, given away or obtained through any source other than from the methods described in these Official Rules. Any Bonus Certificate that is not validly redeemed by the end of the calendar year in which it was issued shall be void and of no value. Each participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Program, including without limitation determinations regarding the validity and quantities of UPCs, Bonus Certificates and other materials submitted for verification. All UPCs and Bonus Certificates submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor, its affiliates or any of their respective shareholders, officers, directors or employees (the “Program Parties”) for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Website or the Program (including, without limitation, any means of registering for, or participating in any part of, the Program): hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or mobile phone communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any mail or e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted mail or e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Program, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Program, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an Account used in connection with the Program. Use of the Website is at each user’s own risk. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- CONDUCT: By participating in the Program, each registrant and participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final and binding and non-appealable in all respects. Failure by any registrant or participant in the Program to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to (a) disqualify any individual or group from participating in any aspect of Program, and/or (b) to cancel, suspend or block any Account registered by such person or group if Sponsor deems or suspects that such person has engaged in or has attempted to engage in any of the following: (i) acting in violation of these Official Rules or the terms and conditions of the Website; or (ii) damaging, tampering with or corrupting the operation of the Program; or (iii) any inappropriate, uncooperative, disruptive, fraudulent, potentially fraudulent, or unusual behavior or activity; or (iv) any activity deemed in the sole discretion of Sponsor and its administrators to be generally inconsistent with the intended operation of the Program. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR CORRUPT ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND THE PROGRAM PARTIES HEREBY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
- RELEASES: All entrants, as a condition of participation in this Program, agree to release Sponsor and the Program Parties from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: (a) accessing the Website, (b) submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Program, or (c) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or other Program materials. Except for where prohibited by law, each participant hereby grants to Sponsor and the Program Parties the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media whether now known or hereinafter devised (including without limitation the use online at the Website or at any other websites owned, controlled and/or operated by Sponsor) such group’s or group representative’s name, address, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for any and all public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
- DISPUTES: This Program is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Kansas, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Program, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Program, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Johnson or Wyandotte County, Kansas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and all participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, exemplary, special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and all participants hereby further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the registrant and Sponsor in connection with the Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas.
- SPONSOR: This Program is sponsored by Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc., 5000 Kansas Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas 66106.